Friday, June 8, 2012

Working on life

Cory and I both have been working on losing weight.  I've also over the years consulted with nutritionists on diets and what can and will impact my migraines.  I had surgery on my neck on Wednesday to help with my migraines.

I've had plenty of time to scour the internet for plenty of ideas, one of the biggest things is removing preservatives from my diet, like things in pre-made soups, dinners, etc. So I've been writing down recipes and filling my recipe box.  I'm also working on another month of meals, once I get a chance to sit down and look at the meat flyers for the local stores this week.

I've done things like cut frozen pizza out of our diet, but, we still have it, I make 4 pizza's ahead and freeze them.  All we have to do is pop them in the freezer.  Working on our garden gives me a chance to control the amount of preservatives & ingredients in things like spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, etc.  Which I love making home made now.

I found a recipe I'm very excited about for Olive Garden's alfredo.  I'll let you know if it turns out the same.  We are still enjoying life, we went out on our first bike ride this last weekend together to bring a fallen rider home.  You may have heard about the accident, 12 of a local biker group were mowed over by a guy in WI.. please keep the family & all of our riders on the road in your thoughts & prayers.



No comments:

Post a Comment