Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ordinary Rolls

Making ordinary rolls of dough into something extraordinary. Usually I do slave, enjoy working with flour & making my own little balls of dough. Eventually I'll sit down and make my own dough balls :)
I love cooking bread in my iron skillet. There just isn't anything better. So, I set rolls in the skillet, after I have brushed the skillet with olive oil.

Melted butter on the stove, and once they have risen for 2 - 3 hours, I brushed them with butter & sprinkled fresh rosemary and salt on them.

Once they came out, they paired well with the pork loin with rosemary.
The thing I love the most about cooking them in the skillet is the crisp crust that develops on the bottom. Yum. Enjoy pain or slathered with more butter.

Rosemary Rolls

  • Take 7-8 Rolls, let rise in pan or iron skillet.
  • Melt 2 T butter, rub over rolls.
  • Sprinkle rosemary and salt over rolls
  • Rub more butter over
  • Place in oven at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes
  • (make sure you have them in the middle rack, they will brown the top and bottom)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment