I love cooking bread in my iron skillet. There just isn't anything better. So, I set rolls in the skillet, after I have brushed the skillet with olive oil.
Melted butter on the stove, and once they have risen for 2 - 3 hours, I brushed them with butter & sprinkled fresh rosemary and salt on them.
Once they came out, they paired well with the pork loin with rosemary.
The thing I love the most about cooking them in the skillet is the crisp crust that develops on the bottom. Yum. Enjoy pain or slathered with more butter.
- Take 7-8 Rolls, let rise in pan or iron skillet.
- Melt 2 T butter, rub over rolls.
- Sprinkle rosemary and salt over rolls
- Rub more butter over
- Place in oven at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes
- (make sure you have them in the middle rack, they will brown the top and bottom)