Sunday, April 1, 2012

Maple Glazed Stuffed Pork Roast- Sunday Dinner

On the weekends I give myself time to play with meals, like this weekend, I had put off a meal from a week ago, so I could give it proper attention.

Maple Glazed Stuffed Roast Pork


This meal works great if you have some frustration to take out on. I take a pork tenderloin, which- I bought when I did my shopping last month, and butterfly it. Well, I guess I cut it in half this time, it's supposed to be butterflied.. and mine broke apart while I was pounding it out, so I went for 2.

I cut up 2 small apples- saute them in a tablespoon of butter until soft & put them in a box of stuffing, that I made per directions.

Spreading the stuffing out, leaving some of the edge clean, I roll them up.


They smelled amazing :) I placed them in a 350 degree oven for an hour, uncovered


Once in for an hour, I created a sauce, 2 tablespoons, 2 tablespoons honey mustard- the recipe called for Dijon, but I didn't use it, I don't like Dijon, and a sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped up.

I just poor the sauce on, the loin is warm, so it melts over pretty easily.

20 minutes later, it looks beautiful!

Slice & plate, and it's a delicious Sunday dinner!!

Maple Glazed Stuffed Pork Roast
2T Butter
1 C Apple chopped
1 1/2 C hot water
1 pkg stuffing
Pork loin- 2 lb

Sauce: 2 T syrup, 2 T Honey Mustard, 1 t Chopped rosemary

  • Heat oven to 350, melt butter in a large skillet on med heat
  • Add apples, cook for 3 minutes, add water and stuffing, cover, let stand for 5 minutes
  • Spoon stuffing onto cut side of meat, roll up, jelly roll style, place seam side down in a roasting pan.
  • Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
  • Mix syrup, mustard & rosemary
  • Pour over roast, place back in oven for 2 hours until meat is done, let stand for 15 minutes before slicing to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment