Maple Glazed Stuffed Roast Pork
This meal works great if you have some frustration to take out on. I take a pork tenderloin, which- I bought when I did my shopping last month, and butterfly it. Well, I guess I cut it in half this time, it's supposed to be butterflied.. and mine broke apart while I was pounding it out, so I went for 2.
I cut up 2 small apples- saute them in a tablespoon of butter until soft & put them in a box of stuffing, that I made per directions.
Spreading the stuffing out, leaving some of the edge clean, I roll them up.
They smelled amazing :) I placed them in a 350 degree oven for an hour, uncovered
Once in for an hour, I created a sauce, 2 tablespoons, 2 tablespoons honey mustard- the recipe called for Dijon, but I didn't use it, I don't like Dijon, and a sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped up.
I just poor the sauce on, the loin is warm, so it melts over pretty easily.
20 minutes later, it looks beautiful!
Slice & plate, and it's a delicious Sunday dinner!!
Maple Glazed Stuffed Pork Roast
1 C Apple chopped
1 1/2 C hot water
1 pkg stuffing
Pork loin- 2 lb
Sauce: 2 T syrup, 2 T Honey Mustard, 1 t Chopped rosemary
- Heat oven to 350, melt butter in a large skillet on med heat
- Add apples, cook for 3 minutes, add water and stuffing, cover, let stand for 5 minutes
- Spoon stuffing onto cut side of meat, roll up, jelly roll style, place seam side down in a roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Mix syrup, mustard & rosemary
- Pour over roast, place back in oven for 2 hours until meat is done, let stand for 15 minutes before slicing to serve.