Tuesday, April 17, 2012

When you're needed

This past week a good friend of mine had surgery, so since she was going to be laid up, and there are 8 kids in the house to feed, I made dinners.

I wanted easy, pop in the oven, so they didn't have to worry too much about it all.

The first night I did a taco bar, cheap and easy :)
The second night was ziti
The third night.. I threw a bunch of stuff in a pan.. and took it over :) it's one of Cory's favorite meals I make.


I used 4 cups of cooked rice, 1 lb of cooked chunk chicken, 3 cups broccoli, 24 ounces of velveeta chunked, 3 cups of water, and cream of something soup- I used chicken and broccoli in this recipe. Sprinkled it with cheese and sent it off. I often times make this for freezer meals and freeze it without the cheese on top & toss that on top when I put it in the oven.

I mixed it all together, heated it up so that the cheese melted. I generally toss it together and so it's mixed up well.

What are your favorite potluck/delivery meals to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment