Monday, March 19, 2012

Frugal.. Make your own.. Fajita Seasoning

Well, I didn't do well keeping you updated last week did I? Sorry about that, so here right off the bat is a recipe for you!

Homemade Fajita Seasoning, and why, yes it was a Pinterest idea! It also was one of my desires, because those little seasoning packets are horribly expensive! (still very convenient)

The majority of my spices come from Sam's Club, the Dollar store or, if they are on clearance, I'll pick them up in bulk. I have several of any kind, I should be more organized & keep a list, but I don't bother!
Here are the ingredients. I get horrible migraines, it's a way to avoid MSG, you have to watch bouillon, some have MSG.

Don't laugh at my pretty labels!


1 T Corn Starch
2 t Chili Powder
1 t Salt
1 t Paprika
1 t Sugar
3/4 t Crushed chicken bouillon
1/2 t Onion Powder
1/4 t Garlic Powder
1/4 t Cayenne Pepper
1/4 t Cumin

Use 2T per 1# meat (chicken, ground turkey, beef, etc)

I doubled the batch, I'd rather have a lot more than I need on hand then have to make it several times!

Good luck & enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment