Monday, March 12, 2012

Green Cleaning

So a while back I said I was going to try some fun ideas from Pinterest. Fun = Cleaning? No.. not really... but it has to be done, and I prefer to do it as painlessly as possible.

Most of you know me personally, and know that I get horrific migraines from fumes of anything. So.. I've been trying to use baking soda and other ideas to clean, green and fume free.

I'm embarrassed to show you my tub.. however... here it is. Gross right?


Well.. I mixed:

1 C baking soda
1 T dish soap
1/4 Water

Made a paste and my scrub brush and I went to work.

5 minutes later......

I was pretty amazed. Thank you very much Martha Stewart. Really. :)

I also made a few of my pans look brand new by making a paste of baking soda & peroxide. It took off years of cooked on oven grease, which is disgusting, but.. it happens.

My two pinterest for this weekend were a list of weekly chores, to spend 15 minutes a day keeping the house clean and smore's cookie bars. I'll share how this goes on Saturday. I need all week to do the chores and see how that works, but.. the smore's bars, I wish I had some left, they went by quick!

See you tomorrow with the recipe for cheeseburger meatloaf!

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment