Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Family Matriarch

Almost a year ago... I married this man...

Along with gaining an amazing husband, I gained a sister, niece, nephew, brother-in-law, loads of aunts & uncles.. and a second set of parents.


A couple of months ago, my mother-in-law had testing done on a spot they had found on her kidney. I received a text "It's Cancer". The first person I thought of was my husband, this is his mommy, one of his best friends, someone he adores to no end... I called him and we cried on the phone together...

We spent the next few weeks finding out treatment was pretty easy, but at the same time... one of the people I've been closest to in life, died from cancer that originated from organs. I tried to hold myself together, support and give hugs and kisses where needed.

Thursday morning, we got up at 3:45 in the morning & spent the day in the hospital. As you can see, my father-in-law & husband found this to be a very exhausting day. Waiting.

We received word about 1:30PM that she had successfully come out of surgery. The doctor then came out and confirmed that he had gotten all of the cancer successfully and that she should soon be recovering in a room.

She came home on Saturday, while she's in a good amount of pain, she's here, and continues to be the one that makes us laugh, gives fun clothes, hugs, and keeps us all held together like a special glue.

Thank God, Sue... we love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment