Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gee Wiz! Homemade Cheese Wiz?!

I was making cheeseburger meatballs the other night, and needed Cheese Wiz. I was not running to the store to buy a $5.00 bottle for 1/2 cup of something I "should" be able to make at home. So, I got on the trusty internet and searched for something I could find that was similar... In came my kitchen pantry!

4 ingredients & I was off, making something I needed quick!


I threw the extra's in a bowl for my husband to use with chips when I am mean and don't make dinner :)


Make your own today!

2 oz evaporated milk
1/2 t Vinegar
1/4 t Salt
1/2 lb velveeta (I used 8 oz of cheese)- cut up into cubes
1/4 t dry mustard

Heat up the milk on the stove, add the vinegar, heat to steaming (remember it's milk, no boiling), add the cut up cheese, cube by cube, once melted, add spices (mustard & salt).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment